What’s included in the price?
What’s included in the price?
To maximize convenience, we include as much as possible, so you can just relax and think about hiking. Here’s what’s included:
- Airport transfers
- Transfers Mendoza – Penitentes –Mendoza
- Accommodation in 3* hotel in Mendoza (3 nights / full board)
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner in Mendoza. Before and after expedition.
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner in the camp – Penitentes (Full board)
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner in the camp – Confluencia in departure (2 nights)
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner at the base camp – Plaza de Mulas (5 nights)
- Accommodation in BC Plaza de Mules with all necessary tents and equipment
- Accommodation in tents Nido de Condores & camp Colera
- The climbing permit for Aconcagua (6962m)
- Helicopter rescue from BC
- Entrance fee for the National Park
- Transportation of the equipment on mules to/from Plaza de Mulas (30kg/person)
- Professional guide during the climb
Price doesn’t include the following:
- Flight ticket to & from Mendoza
- Food and beverages in high camps during ascent Aconcagua (6962mm)
- Personal expenses such as telephone bill, internet access, souvenirs, laundry etc.
You will need to cover flights; insurance and extra spend. You’ll need to book your flights to and from Mendoza, travel insurance and cover other personal expenses (etc. drinks, souvenirs…).
What’s the mountaineering like?
The climbing is strenuous to very strenuous. First day is hike, that last 3 to 4 hours, with easy pace. You will walk on mountain trail. It is safe and solid. It can be windy and cold because it is more than 3.000 above sea level. Second day the hike is moderate, but you should walk slowly because it is more than 4000 above sea level. Third day you will walk 8 hours to the Plaza de Mules. Fourth day is for rest and acclimatization. During acclimatization period on Aconcagua, your trekking day is approximately 6-8 hours. Summit day is very hard job, when you walk up 8 hours and back 3-4 hours.
What’s the city tour like?
All-day city tour is organized with our guide and transportation. We will see the most important cultural and historical monuments in Mendoza.
What skills/experience/fitness do I need?
You need high level fitness level. The previous hiking experience at altitudes up to 4000 above sea level is mandatory. Your guide will give you full instructions and a safety briefing at the start.
What do I need to bring with me?
- Backpack (up to 50l)
- Sleeping bag (up to -15 degrees Celsius / comfort zone)
- Trekking poles
- Head lamp
- Cotton t-shirts
- Trekking socks
- Active underwear
- Polar jacket
- Gore-Tex jacket
- Down jacket
- Trekking pants
- Gore-Tex pants
- Polar of woolen cap
- Hiking shoes
- Climbing boots
- Toiletries kit
- Sunscreen SPF 50 & lip balm
What are the guides like?
All the activities on this trip will be led in English by qualified and professional guide.
What’s the food like?
All food is local and is freshly cooked. These include domestic cheese and other local milk products, beef and chicken meat specialties, , local fruit, fresh fruit and vegetable. We can organize your meal in the way you like. The drinks are not included.
Can my dietary requirements be catered to?
Absolutely. Just let us know when you fill in your travel documents.
When can I go on this trip?
Book on to our pre-set dates above. If you are considering alternative dates, the perfect time for this adventure is between December and March.
What’s the weather like?
Summer in Argentina is the best period to visit this region. In summer the average temperature in Mendoza can be around is 30 degrees, but on the mountain is colder and temperature is between 0 and minus 10 degrees Celsius. On the top of the mountain there can be some snow parts and temperature can be minus 25 degrees Celsius.
Which flights should I book?
You should book flights to Mendoza airport.
How do I meet the transfer?
At your arrival, the transfer will be holding a sign with the name of the tour. We’ll give you all extra details before travelling.
How big will the group be?
This trip will run with a minimum of 6 people, and a maximum of 15. Please note, if there are not 6 people booked the trip may be rearranged or cancelled. Please contact us for confirmation before booking your flights, or book with a credit card.
Can I customize the trip?
Of course! For private groups of six or more the trip can run on any days you wish, be extended or changed to suit your needs. Enquire now for a private trip.